Today Elinor went to her first parade. All the cities in Utah (especially in Salt Lake County) have city days around this time of year. Herriman is having their days this weekend. Today was the parade. Brad's shop was part of the parade, so I decided to take Elinor. We went and found a nice shady spot and watched. Here are some of the pictures:
This is Elinor's first time in the grass without a blanket or anything. Last time she was in the grass on a blanket, she broke out in red blotches. She seems OK today, though. And she LOVED it. She pulled it, she kicked her feet in it, she ate it. And she loved it.
This is hard to see, but it is a very cool float. It has bugs all over it. I think it was for Riverton City and their "court". The second picture is a little better.These are some cute pictures of Elinor. The first picture she turned around to look at me. In the second one she is watching the parade.
A Herriman anything is not complete without A LOT of horses! Elinor enjoyed them!
This is a pretty cool train. Each "car" was made out of a large bucket (like one of those huge, blue water buckets you can get for food storage) and is painted to look like a different animal. It was pulled by a tractor. I don't remember at all what it was for, but I liked it a lot!
This is Brad's "float". They had a couple of people ride their bikes in front of the trailer. Unfortunately, they were last and Brad had to go open the shop, so he didn't even get to ride his bike in the float as planned. Oh well. I tried to get a picture earlier, but for some reason the camera was acting up. I also missed a couple other shots. There was a 1967 dune buggy that I wanted to take a picture of for my dad. There was also this clown that was riding a very cool bike. The bike was two different bikes welded on top of each other. So the clown was really high riding this bike. It was super cool! Anyway, Elinor really liked it and we had fun. Next week we will go to the Riverton parade!
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Herriman CIty Parade
Posted by
Alicia
at
6/28/2008 03:49:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Post a Comment