I have wanted to have an Elinor for a very long time. I remember telling Brad that I wanted an Elinor soon after we were married (I was scared he would say he hated that name and I would have to fight to change his mind). I also loved the name Ella, so I figured we could call Elinor Ella, just like Ella from Ella Enchanted (whose real name is Eleanor--have you reviewed that one yet Anne?). And then Elinor came. She is not an Ella. She is an Elinor. She will never be an Ella. It just doesn't fit. So just planned on calling her Elinor because that is who she is. When Brad flew in to Las Vegas this last week for Christmas, he was calling her "Nor." Brad has a sister Victoria that we call Tor. Brad was talking on the phone to her or something like that and Elinor started smiling when he said Tor. Brad asked Elinor if she wanted to be called Nor and he swears she said yes. The first couple of days I hated it. "Her name is Elinor, not Nor!" "That is a dumb nickname." Things like that kept playing in my mind. Finally, I gave in. Now I think it is cute. She will still mostly be Elinor, but now she is also Nor. At least it is unique!
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i think that is an adorable nickname for a lovely girl!
Post a Comment