Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Miss Independent

Elinor wants to do everything herself. If she can't, she'll throw a little fit. She refuses to eat unless she can feed herself (why don't more foods come on sticks like corn dogs?). And even then it's usually only if she can use a spoon. This is difficult for a barely one-year-old with little fine motor skills.

I tried to feed her a yogurt the other day. She refused. So I put her in her high chair, gave her the spoon, took off her shirt, and let her go at it. Here is the result:



(The last one is a little close and bright, but it's a real cute picture of her little teeth.)

She actually ate half of the yogurt all by herself. She saw me pull out the camera and started smiling. When I put it down, she pointed at it and wanted me to take more (which of course I obliged). After a nice bath, we were ready for the next food adventure!

1 comment:

Lexy Rowberry said...

That is so funny! It made me laugh for a minute straight!